This Mindful Eating program is a one-of-a-kind program that runs eight weeks and teaches participants an entirely new approach to weight loss, healthy eating, and stress reduction. Participants learn the clinically proven techniques of mindfulness and how to hone and direct their skills toward eating and weight issues.
Reasons People Participate in the Mindful Eating Program
- feeling out of control with food and eating
- eating large amounts of food, even when not hungry
- experiencing negative emotions during and after eating
- having a love-hate relationship with food
- using food to deal with stress
- having little or no success with diet and exercise plans
- habitually eating too fast
- feeling consistently ’stuffed’ after eating
- currently experiencing an unhealthy/ uncomfortable body weight
Key Program Points Include:
- application of mindfulness toward food choices
- developing a greater awareness toward hunger and satiety clues from the body
- understanding how stress impacts not only how we eat but how we live our lives, with special attention paid toward developing the stress management tools for a lifetime of health and greater well being.
- learning to identify personal triggers for mindless eating, such as emotions, social pressures, or certain foods
- specially designed in-class exercises for a direct experience of mindful eating under the guidance of instructor Michelle DuVal
- guided meditation downloads for developing at-home, at-work, and at-play mindfulness
If you would like more information regarding this one-of-a-kind program or would like to register, call (505) 615-1547 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**If you are under the care of a physician, or have a strictly limited diet, please consult your physician before enrolling in class.
Did you know that LESS THAN 2% of people actually weigh less two years after completing one of the TOP FOUR weight loss programs?
JOIN US FOR A WHOLE NEW APPROACH!
Published Research indicates the majority of people who complete a six week or longer Mindful Eating program report:
- Less stress in relation to eating and food
- A greater sense of well being
- A greater sense of self-satisfaction, self esteem
- A decreased sense of being controlled by food
- An ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations
If you would like more information regarding this one-of-a-kind program email us at email@example.com.
About the Instructor:
Jose Maresma, Exercise Physiologist, NESTA-PFT, has been a practicing exercise physiologist for over 25 years. Jose holds certifications in Advanced Clinical Weight Loss, Stress management, Mind-Body Health, and Strength & Conditioning. Jose also has special training in the neurology of performance and metabolic development.
Jose spent 9 years as Director of Athletic Performance at Polar Electro. Jose also was the Director of Programming at Nuvita LLC, a market leader in corporate wellness. Jose currently is the Director of Programming at The Mindful Center, and a Wellness consultant at Presbyterian Health Services.
Over his career Jose has worked with the US Olympic Training Center, USA Skiing, USA Soccer, USA Cycling, USA Triathlon, the NBA, NFL, NHL, along with over 100 Division One University Athletic Programs. Jose has also consulted the Federal Law Enforcement Training Centers and the US Navy. Jose has also been a guest lecturer at 25 Universities including Duke, The University of North Carolina, the University of Texas-Austin and The University of Central Florida.
Jose has been a keynote speaker and lecturer at the National Strength and Conditioning Association Annual Conference, National Association of Basketball Coaches Annual Conference, National Association of Soccer Coaches Annual Conference, PT On The NET-Meeting of the Minds, and the International Health Racquet & Sports Club Association annual conference. He has a special passion for neurology & exercise and has worked with acclaimed Harvard author and professor of Psychiatry John Ratey MD. Jose has also been a featured fitness expert in Men’s Health Magazine, Best Life Magazine, The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times newspapers, and FOX 5 TV. Jose’s passion is to help people find the best and healthiest version of themselves.