Do you sometimes feel out of control with eating?
Are you experiencing an uncomfortable or unhealthy body weight?
Do you use food to deal with stress?
Then Join Us for
4 Week Program
*See below for all program dates & times
This Mindful Eating program has been taught by Michelle DuVal, MA, at the University of New Mexico for the past 13 years with terrific results. Learn the clinically proven techniques of Mindful Eating for weight loss, creating healthier eating habits and choices, and to help reduce stress eating and overeating. Mindful Eating is the program that can change your relationship to food….forever.
Also included is lifetime access to the online version of the program, as well as a series of downloadable guided meditations that we use as part of the program and that are yours to keep.
Reasons People Participate in the Mindful Eating Program
- feeling out of control with food and eating
- eating large amounts of food, even when not hungry
- experiencing negative emotions during and after eating
- having a love-hate relationship with food
- using food to deal with stress
- having little or no success with diet and exercise plans
- habitually eating too fast
- feeling consistently ’stuffed’ after eating
- currently experiencing an unhealthy/ uncomfortable body weight
Key Program Points Include:
- application of mindfulness toward food choices
- developing a greater awareness toward hunger and satiety clues from the body
- understanding how stress impacts not only how we eat but how we live our lives, with special attention paid toward developing the stress management tools for a lifetime of health and greater well being.
- learning to identify personal triggers for mindless eating, such as emotions, social pressures, or certain foods
- specially designed in-class exercises for a direct experience of mindful eating under the guidance of instructor Michelle DuVal
- guided meditation downloads for developing at-home, at-work, and at-play mindfulness
Did you know that LESS THAN 2% of people actually weigh less two years after completing one of the TOP FOUR weight loss programs?
JOIN US FOR A WHOLE NEW APPROACH!
5 Science Based Ways Mindful Eating Has Been Proven to Help:
1. Reduction in Overeating
2. Statistically significant decreases in weight, eating disinhibition, binge eating, depression, perceived stress, physical symptoms, negative affect, and C-reactive protein.
3. Promotes awareness of experiences related to the desire to eat, actual sensations of hunger, fullness, satisfaction and enjoyment
4. Lower triglyceride/HDL ratios at six months after the program and lower blood sugar levels at 12 months after the program.
5. Eating slower/ Aids in Digestion
Michelle DuVal – Director of TMC Albuquerque
“I’ve been teaching Mindful Eating and have witnessed the profound effects it can have on people’s lives in unexpected ways. It’s DEFINITELY changed the way I eat and how I use food, and I truly believe that just about everyone can benefit from this program, whether you’re overweight or not. It goes much deeper into life than just what’s on our plates.” Click here for Michelle’s bio.