Learn to Practice Mindfulness with a True Expert in the Field
Michelle DuVal, MA, has been teaching Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) for over 15 years and is considered the leading expert on Mindfulness in the Southwest US. Watch this short video with Michelle to hear in her words what exactly MBSR is all about, and the very real benefit that everyone single one of us can experience through not only taking the program, but then putting the practices into play in our daily lives.
Reasons people participate in MBSR:
- Stress — job, family, financial, health, or even no known cause
- Chronic pain
- Anxiety and panic
- GI distress
- Sleep disturbances
- High blood pressure
Two decades of published research indicates the majority of people who complete MBSR courses report:
- Lasting decreases in physical and psychological symptoms
- An increased ability to relax
- Reductions in pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with pain that may not go away
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Improved self-esteem
- An ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations
A helpful component of the eight week session is in participants’ ability to experience and practice mindfulness meditation while still under the guidance of instructor Michelle DuVal. Many times beginning and intermediate practitioners experience set backs due to unanswered questions about distractions, thoughts, posture, overactive minds, pain, consistency, and/ or how to effectively bring mindfulness into work or family environments – questions they didn’t know they’d have in the preliminary stages. Or they give up too soon because of misperceptions about the successful integration of the practice into our daily lives.
This eight week session is the antidote. The longer timeframe allows participants to get answers to their questions, the discipline for a truly enriching experience of mindfulness, and therefore a successful integration of the practice into where we need it most: our lives. Every participant also receives a set of downloadable guided meditations and a comprehensive e-coursebook.
Benefits of an Ongoing Meditation Practice
- Physiological Benefits
- Lower blood pressure and pulse rate
- Increased brain activation in regions associated with positive thoughts and mood
- Cognitive benefits
- Increased ability to concentrate
- Increase in ability to be non-judgmental
- Increased self-awareness
- Increase in positive thoughts
- Emotional benefits
- Increased ability to regulate emotions
- Increased capacity for empathy
- Increased capacity for compassion
Summary of Benefits of the 8 Week Program:
- A dynamic course for profound yet easy to understand instruction on mindfulness meditation.
- Easy-to-implement methods for a successful and disciplined practice – even if you’ve struggled in the past.
- Time to experience and practice on your own while still under the guidance of the instructor.
- Time to get all questions answered – even the ones you didn’t know you’d have.
- Day long retreat – a once in a lifetime experience.
- Comprehensive course book you can refer back to again and again…as well as share with family and friends.
- Set of Guided Meditations based on the internationally acclaimed program by Dr. Jon Kabat Zinn