Join Us for This Incredible
4 Week Program
*See below for all program dates & times
MBSR – Foundations
This is the class you’ve been waiting for. Discover a uniquely comprehensive study and practice of mindfulness meditation: what it is, how to do it in our daily lives to reduce stress, manage pain, help with sleep issues, weight issues, healing processes, and more, and how it enables our ability to participate in our own health and well being.
As part of the class, participants receive a comprehensive e-course book providing invaluable information, explanations, and tips for students not only during the session, but after it’s conclusion as well. Also, each student receives an online version of the class as well as a set of Downloadable Guided Meditations (MP3) that are utilized throughout the four week program and that also provide a seamless transition from the end of the course to the beginning of your independent practice.
Learn to Practice Mindfulness with a True Expert in the Field
Michelle DuVal, MA, has been teaching Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) for over 15 years and is considered the leading expert on Mindfulness in the Southwest US. Check out this short video to hear in her words what exactly MBSR is all about, and the very real benefit that everyone single one of us can experience through not only taking the program, but then putting the practices into play in our daily lives.
Reasons people participate in MBSR:
- Stress — job, family, financial, health, or even no known cause
- Chronic pain
- Anxiety and panic
- GI distress
- Sleep disturbances
- High blood pressure
Two decades of published research indicates the majority of people who complete MBSR courses report:
- Lasting decreases in physical and psychological symptoms
- An increased ability to relax
- Reductions in pain levels and an enhanced ability to cope with pain that may not go away
- Greater energy and enthusiasm for life
- Improved self-esteem
- An ability to cope more effectively with both short and long-term stressful situations
The amazing component of the four week session is in participants’ ability to experience and practice while still under the guidance of instructor Michelle DuVal. Many times beginning and intermediate practitioners experience set backs due to unanswered questions about distractions, posture, overactive minds, paradigm shifts, and how to effectively bring mindfulness into work and/or family environments – questions they didn’t know they’d have in the preliminary stages. Or they give up too soon because of misperceptions about the successful integration of the practice into our daily lives.
This four week session is the antidote. The time frame allows participants to find answers to their questions, the discipline for a truly enriching experience of mindfulness, and therefore a successful integration of the practice into where we need it most: our lives.
If you’ve ever wanted to learn meditation, you won’t want to miss this amazing opportunity. If in the past you’ve tried to develop a practice but couldn’t seem to stay with it, this four week session is the course for you. Experts say it takes 21 days for a habit to become ingrained, and with the support of the group, you will finally be able to CREATE AND STICK TO a practice that will give you tremendous benefit.
Summary of Benefits of the 4 Week Program:
- A dynamic course for profound yet easy to understand instruction on mindfulness meditation.
- Easy-to-implement methods for a successful and disciplined practice – even if you’ve struggled in the past.
- Time to experience and practice on your own while still under the guidance of the instructor.
- Time to get all questions answered – even the ones you didn’t know you’d have.
- Comprehensive e-course book you can refer back to again and again…as well as share with family and friends.
- Lifetime access to online version of the program
- Set of Guided Meditations based on the internationally acclaimed program by Dr. Jon Kabat Zinn
Michelle DuVal – Director of TMC Albuquerque
“Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) has quite simply changed my life. And over the past 15 years of teaching it, I’ve literally seen it completely transform the lives of tens of thousands of my students. It’s profound yet simple to integrate into daily life. And in class we go deep but have some fun and laughs too. It’s the meditation class you’re hoping it would be, and I’m honored, inspired, and deeply grateful to be teaching it and sharing these wonderful practices.” Click here for Michelle’s bio.
Choose the program dates that work for you.
You can transfer programs if something comes up, no worries.
Please note: these classes fill up quickly,
so every seat is first come, first serve,
and there are limited seats available for each program.
Every program is 5:30 – 7pm.